Things To Do In Atlantic City | New Jersey Resort City
|June 5, 2015||Filled under Latest Posts||
Things To Do In Atlantic City
The next time someone tells you that Atlantic City is all about gambling, clear away their misinformation by shedding light on some of the best things to do in Atlantic City. Of course, casinos are an inseparable part of the New Jersey Resort City; after all, it is not compared to Las Vegas without a reason. However, that’s not all you can do in the Atlantic City. Most of the things to do in Atlantic City revolve around the Boardwalk. Again, that’s not all folks! Here is a list of things to do in Atlantic City.
- Boardwalk: Did you know that the four-mile long Boardwalk is named after Alexander Boardman, the man who developed the hotspot? The ever so happening strip is lined with restaurants, bars and shops – everything that would catch the eye of tourists in the New Jersey Resort City. Also there are as many as ten casinos on this very four-mile strip along the shoreline. However, if you decide to walk the promenade during the peak season, the Boardwalk may look much like a carnival!
- The Steel Pier: can safely be called the center of attraction of the Boardwalk. Since its inception in 1898, the Steel Pier has been entertaining visitors of all age groups. However, a major fire destroyed the centerpiece of the famous wooden way in the 70s. Thankfully, it was brought back to life with improved and much exciting additions. Today, among the must-visit attractions of New Jersey Resort City, the amusement park continues delighting its visitors with some of the most creative and stunning acts.
- Atlantic city: Clearly, when in the New Jersey Resort City, it is more like a ritual to try your luck in any of the casinos covering the whole city. Glitz, glamor, quick money and lots of fun – all of it is guaranteed at the casinos in Atlantic City. Gambling tops the list of things to do in Atlantic City for many.
- Tropicana Casino: Needless to say, among the most fun things to do in Atlantic City is to rush to the beach. The casinos, the busy streets and other concrete buildings are all good at their place, but can there be anything better than surfing on the tides of the warm beach? Or sunbathing peacefully as you listen to the beautiful sound of the waves crashing. Among the best beaches of the New Jersey Resort City are Gunnison Beach, Cape May Beach, Sea Isle City Beach and Beach Haven.
- Quick little trips: If you are visiting New Jersey Resort City with children, you would want to steer clear from the casinos. Here is what you can do instead. Rent a car and drive to Cape May, which is hardly 50 miles away from the center of the city. You will find a different side of New Jersey here, one that is serene and peaceful. The state park and zoo will keep the kids busy for almost the whole day, but it does not mean that is it has nothing for adults. One of the most popular things to do in Atlantic City is to sip on some blueberry champagne when you visit the historic Renault Winery.
If you are low on budget, you can always settle for affordable sightseeing options. Among the best things to do in Atlantic City, without breaking the bank is to visit the Absecon Lighthouse. Most travelers in the city have also mentioned their visit to the elephant-shaped building – Lucy the Elephant to be one of the most memorable things to do in Atlantic City.
If you find this page helpful, share it.
- Things To Do In Milan | Activities In Italy
- Geneva Tourist Spots | Top 5 Things To Do In Geneva, Switzerland
- Barcelona | Things To Do | Travel + Shopping + Food
- Important Things You Should Know Before Travel To Vietnam
- Las Vegas Tourism | Visit The Most Popular Shows In Las Vegas