Dubai Travel Health & Safety | Tips For Safe Travel
|October 27, 2013||Filled under Latest Posts||
Travel Advice while on a Holiday in Dubai
If you are planning a trip to Dubai, it is best that you are up to date with safe travel tips, so that your holiday is perfect. Here are some tips for safe travel to ensure optimal Dubai travel health and safety. In case of any sickness or injury, you need not worry because this UAE city is one of the safest in the world and has world class hospitals and other public amenities.
Tips for safe travel in Dubai
A number of excellent hospitals ensure that Dubai travel health and safety is one of the highest in the world. According to the British consumer magazine, UAE was one of the only two countries in the world where there are no recorded cases of holiday illnesses. This is due to the successful immunization programs run by the government. Clean water and high cleanliness standards ensure the continuity of such success rates. Here are some things to keep in mind when you travel in Dubai:
- Immunization is a must – There is no need to immunize yourself if you are traveling to Dubai. But Dubai travel health and safety recommendations are that you check beforehand for any regulations if you are flying in from a high health-risk area. If you are thinking of a long trip, then tetanus inoculations are recommended. Polio has been almost eradicated in the UAE and Hepatitis cases are extremely rare.
- Dubai travel health and safety – Makes sure that malaria cases are non-existent in Dubai. There are very few mosquitoes in the city. But in case you are traveling outside the city, one of the tips for safe travel is to carry an insect repellent along with you. This is essential if you are camping near the mountains and exploring date groves or wadis in the evening. Cover yourself up to avoid being bitten by any insects.
- Don’t forget your sunscreen – The weather is hot throughout the year in Dubai. One of the tips for safe travel in Dubai is to wear hats and sunglasses when you are out to protect your skin from the scorching heat. Applying sunscreens is also advisable to ensure Dubai travel health and safety. This is particularly applicable to children, as their skin is more susceptible to the harmful effects of the hot sun.
- The best service at Dubai hospitals – If you fall sick when in Dubai, check yourself into one of the many public hospitals that dot the city. Medical facilities are excellent here. Understand that only emergency care is free of charge. For the rest, you will have to pay hospital fees. A subscription to medical insurance is also one of the important tips for safe travel in Dubai as private hospitals can be very expensive. Many Dubai pharmacies have an excellent stock of medicines.
- Stay connected via mobile and Internet networks – GSM mobile phones are available in Dubai. If you are unable to use your own mobile phone in the city, you can either purchase a new cell phone or buy a temporary SIM card. Visitors can use “Speak Easy”, a GSM service for tourists and visitors who want connectivity, but cannot do so from their phones. Internet and wi-fi connection is available in many 5 star hotels straddling Dubai. Internet is cheap from 7pm to to 7am. If you have a laptop, you can dial 500 5333 to connect to the Internet. You can use your credit card to make payments. This way, you will always be connected and can also get any important information that you want from the net. This will help you make your holiday planning a lot more easy.
If you find this page helpful, share it.
- Myrtle Beach activities and attractions | Discover Myrtle Beach
- Find the best airline seats | Airline seating charts
- Travel to Cologne | Days to stay in Cologne
- Travel expenses | How to plan
- Cheap tourist shops in Hong Kong | Bargain markets
Great place for Holiday
Dubai is a great place for holiday. However, avoid travel during the month of August, the weather will likely reach 43 °C