Tips For Travel In London On A Budget | London Travel Tips And Advices
|June 4, 2014||Filled under Latest Posts||
London travel tips and advices
As London is such a popular tourist destination, London travel tips and advices are easy to come by. However, very few of them are actually useful in allowing you to explore the city on a budget. If you are looking for tips for travel in London on a budget then this list is your best bet. London is by no means a cheap city to travel in and many travellers who want to travel on a budget are unable to do so as they do not have the right London travel tips. Here are some tips for travel in London on a budget.
Here are the top 4 tips for travel in London on a budget
- Get an Oyster Card – You can save a lot of money travelling around London by using the Oyster card. Public transport is not cheap in London and if you want to visit many tourist attractions in one day, you will definitely have to take many individual rides on public transport in London that can add up to a lot of money at the end of the day. One of the best tips for travel in London on a budget is to buy an Oyster card. If you start off after 9:30 am then you will have to pay £6.60 and if you want to set off before then you have to pay £8 with an Oyster card.
- Visit the many free attractions – One of the best tips for travel in London on a budget is to stick to the many free tourist attractions offered by the city. Some of the most famous museums in London are completely free unlike in most other major European cities. Top London travel tips and advices lists suggest that instead of paying a lot to take a trip on the London Eye save your money and visit the wonderful museums in London that are completely free.
- Stay out of tourist zones if you want to drink – One of the most common London travel tips and advices is to move out of popular tourist zones in the city when looking for a pub. Pubs in popular tourist areas tend to charge a couple of pounds more for a pint of beer than pubs that are outside such popular zones. If you see a pub that is packed with tourists and very few locals, avoid it and walk a few blocks to find a pub that is frequented by locals. Follow such small tips for travel in London on a budget even if it is inconvenient for you as you can end up saving quite a bit.
- Avoid touristy restaurants – From its dubious culinary past, London has now become one of the best cities to wine and dine in. It has some very popular restaurants that serve some of the best cuisines from around the world. Avoiding such touristy restaurants in one among the many London travel tips and advices as they serve very little for a very high price. If you are travelling on a budget you need good portions of tasty food that you can find in restaurants that locals like and that are not expensive.
If you find this page helpful, share it.
- Rochester Hotels Near Airport | Rochester Best Accommodation Prices
- Prague Holiday Ideas | Short Stay Visit
- Popular Travel Spots In Nyköping, Sweden
- Important Things You Should Know Before Travel To Vietnam
- Top Free Things To Do On Weekend In London | London Weekend Breaks