Sendai Accommodation And Highlights | Explore Sendai
|November 30, 2013||Filled under Latest Posts||
Experience the Best Sendai Accommodation and Highlights
The wide choice of Sendai accommodation and highlights make it easier for the visitor to explore Sendai. The Japanese city has a number of tourist attractions like the Zuihoden, the Sendai Castle Site, the Toshogu Shrine, the Rinno-Ji Temple and the eminently notable and huge statue of the Goddess of Kanon.
To explore Sendai, the simplest way is to go to the bus stop 15-3, situated just outside Sendai Station’s West Exit and a short hop away from a number of Sendai accommodation and highlights. The bus service begins at 9amand the last bus departs at 4pm. Buses depart at an interval of 15 or 20 minutes. Single rides can be bought and the cost is JPY 250 and JPY 130 for adults and children aged 1 to 12 years respectively.
Notable attactions in Sendai
No urban expedition to explore Sendai can be complete without visiting the following destinations. All Sendai accommodation and highlights are well connected by the public transportation network.
- Sendai Castle Site: The Sendai Castle (Aoba Castle) was constructed by Date Masamune. Its stone walls are reconstructed carefully and there is a statue of Date Masamune riding a horse look out over the city. The Aoba Castle Museum is situated here.
- Zuihoden: This is the terminal resting place of Data Masamune, founder of Sendai. If you want to explore Sendai, this is the place you must visit. Located near to almost all Sendai accommodation and highlights, the beautiful structure makes a stunning sight with brilliant colors including complex patterns on minutely carved sculptures and gold.
- Osaki Hachimangu Shrine:It was built on the order of Date Masamune, Sendai’s founder. It is a designated National Treasure for its construction style and for its splendid and gorgeous structure.
- Rinno-ji Temple: The Rinni-Ji Temple was moved to a number of locations by Date clan with their changing of residences until it was finally shifted to its present location when the Lord Masamune relocated here and started the construction of Sendai city. The tea room or chashitsu is located in a stroll garden and the three story tall pagoda reflects itself on the waters of the lake. The Nioh-mon gate is regarded as one of Sendai city’s principal cultural artifacts.
- Toshogu Shrine: Date Tadamune, 2nd fuedal lord, constructed this shrine after obtaining permission from Tokugawa Iemitsu, 3rd Tokugawa Shogun. It reverences the spirit of the guardian deity of the Date clan, Tokugawa Ieyasu.
- Huge Statue of the Goddess of Kannon: A must visit for any traveler who wishes to explore Sendai. The Goddess of Kannon or the Deity of Mercy is 100 meters above the ground and 21 meters below the ground. Visitors can go inside and take in wonderful views of the Pacific Ocean and the city from the window.
Most Sendai accommodation and highlights are located in the center of the city. Top end luxury hotels can be found in the Aoba-ku and Izumi-ku areas. Mid range hotels can be found in Aoba-ku abd Wakabayashi-ku areas of the city. Visitors on a budget can always choose to stay in the Taihaku-ku area.
If you find this page helpful, share it.
- Pattaya Attractions | Things To Do And See
- Vienna Travel Guide | 5 Hottest And The Best Tourist Attractions
- Travel To Cologne | Days to Stay in Cologne
- Australia’s Outback Events | The Greatest Thing About Australian Outback
- What Luggage Is Best For Travel