Popular Holiday Destinations In Queensland | The Best Holiday Spots Not To Miss
|September 16, 2014||Filled under Latest Posts||
Popular Holiday Destinations in Queensland
The top holiday destinations in Queensland include its many natural wonders. The largest natural wonder in the world, sunny coastal beaches, verdant rainforest and picture perfect islands are among Queensland’s best holiday spots not to miss.
Holiday spots you just cannot miss
An escape to Queensland will definitely make for a well rounded holiday. If you are planning to visit the Sunshine State, as Queensland is fondly called, here are a few must-visit holiday spots.
- On top of the chart of Queensland’s best holiday spots not to miss is the Hamilton Island. A great place for couples, the island offers seclusion, tranquility as well as a fun mix of activities like water sports, spa treatments and boat cruises.
- Brisbane cannot be left out of the list of Queensland’s best holiday spots not to miss. The majestic Story Bridge in Brisbane offers an adventurous climb that let’s you discover Brisbane in a unique way. Choose between an abseil climb, a day or night climb, or dusk or dawn climb. And if that’s not enough, you can get higher at Skypoint – the tallest external building climb in Australia.
- Another popular island which is also the largest ‘sand island’ on the earth is the Fraser Island. Beautiful blue dune lakes, enchanting sand dunes and tropical rainforest are reasons enough to include this place in the list of Queensland’s best holiday spots not to miss.
- If you don’t want to go far away from Brisbane, visit this next place on the list of Queensland’s best holiday spots not to miss. Only a few hours from Brisbane, you’ll find the ultimate beach escape at Mooloolaba. If you are a surfer, you can have your moments here or just enjoy the gourmet at quality restaurants.
- Noosa, Port Douglas and Airlie Beach are some of the other holiday spots you cannot afford to miss while you are in Queensland.
Other things to do
- Explore the Great Barrier Reef Islands: One of the most popular holiday destinations in Queensland as well as in the world is the Great Barrier Reef. Spread across 2,000 kilometers along the sunny coastline, it is the world’s largest natural wonder. The World Heritage-listed site is the largest coral reef in the world. Get close and personal to the underwater attractions that include 400 different varieties of coral and other marine wonders such as rays, dolphins and sea turtles.
- Go birdwatching at Daintree: Located on the North-east coast, is another popular holiday destinations in Queensland and a world heritage site famous for its rainforest, wildlife and hiking spots. A cruise on the Daintree River or one of the many land-based tours, presents sightings of exotic endemic and migrant birds for birders as well as wildlife photographers.
- Entertainment for the family at the Gold Coast: The Gold Coast theme parks is one of the most popular holiday destinations in Queensland for kids, although not so much for nature lovers with the exception of Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary. Theme parks like Dreamworld, Wet’n’Wild and Sea World promise a fun family trip with gut-wrenching rides and thrilling shows on the offer.
- Fun in the sun: The Sunshine State is renowned for its beaches. Whitsunday Island is a popular holiday destinations in Queensland for beach lovers. Home to the world famous Whitehaven beach which is known for its white sand containing 99 percent silica, the Whitsunday Island is accessible only by boat. Other hidden treasures on the island include Blue Pearl Bay, Langford Spit, Narra Inlet and the Luncheon Bay.
With so many relaxed holiday spots and so many things to do, planning a Queensland trip can get exhausting. Whatever your itinerary is, make sure you make reservations well in advance and keep in mind that the Sunshine State has five climatic zones!
If you find this page helpful, share it.
- Tips For Travel In London On A Budget | London Travel Tips And Advices
- Popular Travel Spots In Nyköping, Sweden
- Important Things You Should Know Before Travel To Vietnam
- Rochester Hotels Near Airport | Rochester Best Accommodation Prices
- Find The Best Airline Seats | Airline Seating Charts