Orlando Theme Parks And Attractions | Visit Orlando City
|September 19, 2013||Filled under Latest Posts||
Orlando Theme Parks and Attractions
There is no place like Orlando in summer. Orlando theme parks and attractions are a magnet to children as well as adults. Orlando is the natural choice for a fun filled family vacation. To find out why the metropolis is a prominent tourist destination in the United States, read on.
Fun in Theme Parks
The name Orlando city and its theme parks are inseparable. Orlando theme parks and attractions are considered as the standard for fun worldwide. Universal Orlando Resort, near International Drive, has two theme parks, a huge shopping zone and three hotels to stay in. Walt Disney World can be reached within half an hour. It has two water parks, more than a dozen hotels, fabulous shopping areas and of course four theme parks. The most famous of them is Disneyland. Many visitors come to the city only because of the evergreen Disney attractions.
- Universal Orlando Resort: One of the two internationally known Orlando theme parks and attractions, it is home to two theme parks-Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure. The delightful restaurant cum nightclub area “CityWalk” is a perfect place to spend the evening. If you want to stay in the resort, you can choose from the three hotels situated right within the park. The resort opens at 9AM and closes at 10PM. Ticket prices start from $92.
- Walt Disney World: This is the most famous of all Orlando theme parks and attractions. If you are going to visit Orlando city, then this is the place to mark as a must visit. There are four theme parks at Walt Disney World: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Ticket prices start from $95. A four day package costs approximately $298. Walt Disney World opens at 9AM and closes at 9PM.
- SeaWorld Adventure Park Orlando: If you love the seas and sea animals, then you must visit Orlando city to enjoy SeaWorld Adventure Park. This park is spread across 200 acres and has a number of exciting rides. Ticket prices start from $82. It is open from 9AM to 6PM.
- Discovery Cove: It is a supplementary to SeaWorld. Highly enjoyable and tickets are always sold out. Only a thousand guests are admitted per day. A thirty-minute interaction with the dolphins is the highlight of everybody’s experience here. Ticket prices start at $159. Discovery Cove is open from 9AM to 5:30PM.
- If you visit Orlando city, other Orlando theme parks and attractions that you should see include Aquatica, Gatorland, Wet ‘N Wild and Holy Land.
Orlando has more to it than its theme parks. When you visit Orlando city, make sure to visit its many museums and gardens. It would work out well for you if you purchased the Go Orlando Card. A two-day card costs $101 and a four-day card costs $230. The card helps you enjoy all these multiple attractions at an economical price. This is the pass to the city. This turns out to be much cheaper than buying a ticket every time you board a bus.
- Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art: The world’s most comprehensive collection of the works of Louis Comfort Tiffany.-the famed stained glass artist-are found here. You can view windows made of lead glass, jewelry, pottery and paintings. The museum is a repository of American art pottery. Price of a ticket starts from $3.
- The Orlando Museum of Art: The museum exhibits American impressionist art and ancient American art. Price of a ticket starts from $3.
- Cornell Fine Arts Museum: It exhibits items sourced from Cornell’s collection. Price of a ticket starts from $5.
- Orlando County Regional History Center:The center displays historical evidence from ancient times to the present day. The center is open from 10AM to 5PM. Ticket prices start at $9.
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not! Odditorium: This place tops the list on many tourists’ schedules who visit Orlando city because of its strange artifacts, stranger hobbies and bizarre collections. The building itself is unique – it looks like a collapsing structure. The 16 galleries display interactive exhibits. Price of a ticket starts from $19.99
If you find this page helpful, share it.
- Vienna Travel Guide | 5 Hottest And The Best Tourist Attractions
- Guide to Johannesberg best attractions, South Africa
- Check Out The Top Events In Miami Beach
- Find the best airline seats | Airline seating charts
- The best of Macao nightlife, bars & club