New York City Wine & Food Festival | New York Events
|November 3, 2014||Filled under Latest Posts||
New York City Wine & Food Festival
The New York City Wine & Food Festival was among the important New York events of the year. The annual festival celebrated four days of festivities, while the main event was held on Pier 94-55th Street on West Side Highway. Multitudes of events were part of the annual festivities between October 16 and 19.
This year too the event comprised of elaborate dinners by Michael Solomonov, pastry chef Dominique Ansel, Mexican Cuisine by Enrique Olvera, Gabrielle Hamilton and Bill Telepan and many more. Visitors could gain access to one of the most awaited New York events through Priceless New York Fast Pass Lane for speedy entry to Grand Tasting festivities which were presented ShopRite this year.
The Bank of America Dinner Series, this year, had arranged for cuisine from Europe and Mediterranean region along with local culinary delights with a lineup of following events:
- Dario Cecchini hosted Tales of a Tuscan Butcher with meaty recipes
- Fresh and Raw – was hosted by Matthew, Daphne Cheng and Tyler Kord. It was a Vegan Dinner
- New Bistro Cooking – hosted by Gregory Marchand
- Celebrity cook Sirio Maccioni hosted the LeCirque 40th Anniversary Dinner
- A new Napa Cuisine – hosted by Christopher Kostow
- Jonny Sanchez Dinner – hosted by John Besh and Aaron Sanchez
- Ori Menashe and Genevieve Gergis hosted – Beauty and the Beast
- Justin Bogle hosted the Farm Country Flavors
- Yotam Ottolenghi (Cook and Writer) hosted A Mediterranean Odyssey
- David Bouley and Renee Giroux hosted The Chef and the Farmer
- Dessert First – A Sweet Surprise – hosted by Philippe Baranes and Christophe Boucher
- Ann Redding, Matt Danzer and group hosted East meets West Dinner
Many more events in the series formed a critical part of New York City Wine & Food Festival this year. Food Network host Gina Pace, covering the food competition events was all praises for the barbeque lambs of John Seymour and Lamb-marc burger of Marc Murphy both of whom won awards at the event. Other hosts covering the food related events were Ted Allen and Jeanette Settembre along with Chrissey Teigen.
New York events which were a part of New York Wine and Food Festival this year include
- 7th annual Blue moon Burger Bash which had the top chefs in the nation showing their burger making skills. It was won by Marc Murphy.
- Thrillist’s Barbecue & the Blues had pastry Wonderland of Dominique Ansel as one of its main New York events at the New York City Wine & Food Festival.
- La Sagra Slices had delectable pizzas served by chefs at event. It was won by Ribalta Pizza.
- Celebrity Whoopi Goldberg also presented the Chicken Coupe event this year.
- The Jets + Chefs Ultimate Tailgate event had top star chefs of the city presenting classics like steaks and ribs along with beers and wines from Southern Wine and Spirits.
- Interview with Yotam Ottolenghi about his books and culinary journey as a celebrity cook. He spoke at length about his interest in cooking vegetables to retain their nutrients and encouraging housewives to try new vegetable recipes.
- Guests were introduced to Jewish Middle East cooking culture and recipes by Ron and Leetal Arazi of NYShuk, experts in lost technique of hand-made couscous cooked with semolina flour and water.
The New York City Wine & Food Festival is held every year and tickets for varied events are usually sold out days before the actual event. Among popular New York events, the festival has family events along with brunches and cooking classes for interested people. Some of the proceeds of this event will be contributed to social groups like No Kid Hungry and Food Bank.
If you find this page helpful, share it.
- Top 5 Europe Holiday Destinations | Emerging European Travel Spots
- Disneyland Paris Attractions And Ride Guide | Disneyland Resort Paris
- What Luggage Is Best For Travel
- Cheap Tourist Shops In Hong Kong | Bargain Markets
- Things To Do In Monterosso Al Mare | Province Of Italy
Great article. I like your ideas.