Myrtle Beach Activities And Attractions | Discover Myrtle Beach
|September 29, 2013||Filled under Latest Posts||
Myrtle Beach Activities and Attractions
Myrtle Beach is situated on the South Atlantic seaboard of South Carolina. Myrtle Beach activities and attractions include its beautiful beaches, stimulating golf links, high-end shopping, and superb seafood dining options. More than 10 million visitors discover Myrtle Beach every year.
The varied Myrtle Beach activities and attractions make it a favored vacation spot for families. To discover Myrtle Beach, you can enter the destination via the Myrtle Beach International Airport. If you are traveling by car, take the US 501 South from Interstate 95.
What to see in Myrtle Beach
The focal point of all the major activities here is obviously, the beach. The 60 mile coastline is very beautiful and the Atlantic Ocean provides the perfect backdrop.
Broadway at the Beach
The Myrtle Beach activities and attractions are concentrated here. There is a constellation of shops, bars, and a movie theater. An aquarium that covers 700,000 square feet is present. If you want to discover Myrtle Beach, then Broadway is the best place to start. It is considered to be the biggest complex dedicated to festival entertainment in South Carolina. There are over a hundred specialty shops, twenty restaurants, three hotels, and eleven night clubs. Shops dedicated to selling sports merchandise are present.
- Ripley’s Aquarium: It is another of Myrtle Beach activities and attractions. The aquarium holds sharks, Touch-a-Ray bay, and Stingray Bay.
- Barefoot Landing: If you want to discover the Beach, do not forget to pay a visit here. It is one of the first Myrtle Beach activities and attractions area enclosing over a hundred shops, steakhouses, fine dining restaurants, and also a brewery. Cultural troupes House of Blues and Alabama Theater offer live entertainment during nights. Barefoot Landing has the biggest reptile park in the world. Your children will love to feed the fish and ride the carousel.
- The Carolina Opry: It is highly recommended to visit The Carolina if you want to discover Myrtle Beach in all its facets. The show features addictive music, dance and also comedy. The show has won numerous awards over the years and voted as the number one show for a straight 23 years.
- Legends in Concert: It is a tribute show that plays the songs of Madonna, Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, Britney Spears, and many more.
Activities in Myrtle Beach
There are a number of things to do in Myrtle Beach. Here are a few places you must visit to make the most of your holiday.
- Mount Atlanticus: This miniature golf course has 36 holes and situated just behind the Pavilion. The wall art is unique and star trek themes are replicated in Ewok similar huts.
- Myrtle Beach State Park: There is a mile long beachfront and a huge campground. Visitors can stroll through a maritime forest and walk along the nature trails. This 312 acre park has a fishing pier. Wi-Fi is available at the pier and at the campground store.
- Myrtle Beach Speedway: It is the venue for NASCAR car races and car drifting events. The Speedway has the distinction of being the training ground of many NASCAR participants. You can watch a live racing action on Saturday nights.
If you find this page helpful, share it.
- Orlando Theme Parks And Attractions | Visit Orlando City
- Vienna Travel Guide | 5 Hottest And The Best Tourist Attractions
- Check Out The Top Events In Miami Beach
- One night in Paris
- The best of Macao nightlife, bars & club