Cape Town Attractions | The Best Places To Visit Around Cape Town
|April 5, 2014||Filled under Latest Posts||
Cape Town Attractions
Cape Town attractions are full of color and creativity, and you will be amazed by the list of the best places to visit around Cape Town. The South African metropolis has superlative natural beauty, incredible spirit and unequaled creative freedom. The unexpected is truly delightful and frequently found just around the corner.
The list of Cape Town attractions is virtually unending! The best places to visit around Cape Town include:
- Cape Point: One of the major Cape Town attractions, and listed as one of the best places to visit around Cape Town, it is situated on Africa’s southwestern tip. Cape Point has a fascinating history and dramatic scenery. The sandy beaches, the rugged coastline, the mountains and the valleys are a veritable paradise for surfers, cyclists, hikers and anglers. If you prefer life at its slow pace, travel by the Flying Dutchman Funicular. It will take you right up to the top of a lighthouse. The Two Oceans restaurant is also located there and offers its patrons stunning views of the False Bay. Do try the sea-food platter here.
- Chapman’s Peak Drive: One of the best places to visit around Cape Town, and one of the major Cape Town attractions, this is actually a drive which meanders between Hout Bay and Noordhoek. The drive is along the Atlantic Coast and is regarded as one of the most beautiful drives around the world. It has a total of 114 curves, extending along a 9 kilometer route, skirting the Chapman’s Peak rocky coastline. Picnic spots are available if you are looking to spend some quality time with your children and family. It is considered as a gateway between South Peninsula and Cape Town.
- Boulders Beach Penguin Colony: One of the best places to visit around Cape Town, and considered as one of the major Cape Town attractions, it is located near Simons Town, a seaside village. The place has a colony of African Penguins, known for their distinctive braying call. Visiting the Boulders Beach Penguin Colony will certainly be a special experience. The staff of the Table Mountain National Park can help you with guided tours. The Boulders Beach is secluded and the warm water of False Bay makes for a perfect session of swimming. Small children love the place for the big boulders, which shelter it from huge waves and currents.
- Noordhoek Farm Village: It is just 30 minutes away from the central part of Cape Town and has a distinctive sandy and white beach, tranquil farm environment, ancient milkwood forest and vast wetlands. The Noordhoek Farm Village has restaurants, lifestyle hotels, funky shops, spas, even a playground for children, with lots of open space. Residents of the place love to eat and the restaurants here wont disappoint you either!
Cape Town has a lot to offer to its visitors. The beautiful province of Western Cape can be explored by just crossing the borders of the city. There is no end of attractions in Cape Town.
If you find this page helpful, share it.
- Plan A Holiday | Travel Agent Or Online Booking
- Melbourne Tourist Attractions | Places To Visit
- Amsterdam Hottest Travel Spots | What’s On In Amsterdam
- Berlin Popular Budget Hotels | Cheap Accommodations In Berlin
- Cheap Tourist Shops In Hong Kong | Bargain Markets