Best Germany Cities For Tourists | Germany Travel Guide
|September 5, 2014||Filled under Latest Posts||
Best Germany Cities for Tourists
Whether you refer to a Germany travel guide or get an insider’s scoop, the below cities will definitely feature on the list of best Germany cities for tourists.
- Cologne: Most Germany travel guides won’t mention this, but the people of Cologne are very welcoming and friendly. One of the oldest cities in Germany, Cologne was founded by the Romans. Today, it is the country’s media and business hub as well as an important tourist destination. Old Roman structures and postwar buildings here sit cheek-by-jowl alongside modern structures. Things to see and do here include: Visit the Kölner Dom which dominates Cologne’s skyline, Lock your love at the Padlock Bridge (Hohenzollern Bridge) and Museums galore- Ludwig, Roman-Germanic Museum to even a Chocolate Museum or Fragrance Museum.
- Berlin: This city will usually feature as one of the best Germany cities for tourists in most Germany travel guides. The biggest city in Germany, and also the Germany capital, Berlin is a melting pot of art, architecture, music and history. Berlin has some of the most notable locations of world history. The city is very cosmopolitan and is well-known for its exciting nightlife. Landmarks that should be on your must-see include: Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag, Museum Island, Jewish Museum, The Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe and The Berlin Wall (East Side Gallery)
- Munich: World class museums, warm hospitality and beautiful churches make the capital of Bavaria one of the best Germany cities for tourists. Munich alone attracts six million tourists annually during the world famous beer festival – Oktoberfest. Apart from the many sights and attractions, opera and music overs can visit the many theaters in Munich. Besides visiting the theaters, here is a list of things to do when you are in Munich: Visit a beer garden if you are visiting in summer, Get enamored by the fairy-tale castle at Neuschwanstein and Take a Munich bike tour.
- Frankfurt: While Frankfurt may not feature as the one of the best Germany cities for tourists in popular Germany travel guides, the city does get a lot of visitors as it plays host to several international events. The financial capital, Frankfurt is also a tourist hub due to its international airport. If you are transiting through Frankfurt, and you are hard-pressed for time, hop on to one of the open-top buses to get a quick tour of the city.
- Dresden: Next on the list of best Germany cities for tourists is the fascinating Germany city of Dresden. Located in the East of Germany, Dresden is often termed as the ‘Florence at the Elbe’, because of its tranquil location on the edge of the Elbe river. Although a lot of the city’s architecture was destroyed during the Second World War, Dresden has some of the best Baroque architecture present in its landmarks. The must-see list of attractions in Dresden include: Church of Our Lady, Zwinger Palace, Brühl’s Terrace, Semper Opera and Grünes Gewölbe or Green Vault
- Heidelberg: Like Frankfurt, Heidelberg may not feature in Germany travel guides as a popular Germany city for tourists. However, proximity to Frankfurt and its old world charm draws many visitors to this city. It is one of the few Germany cities that has managed to retain its Baroque architecture, mainly because it was spared by the destructive forces during World War II. The city is best explored on foot, although you can take the trams or buses or rent a bike. The Heidelberg Castle and Old Town are extremely charming and impressive.
The next time you plan a trip to Germany, make sure you pay a visit to these popular cities.
If you find this page helpful, share it.
- Best Season To Visit Mecca | Mecca Visitors Guide
- Top Hotel Deals In New York City | New York Cheap Accommodation Guides
- Top Free Things To Do On Weekend In London | London Weekend Breaks
- Top Tourist Cities In Spain | Spain’s Best Destinations
- Hamburg Budget Hotels | Cheap Budget Accommodations In Hamburg